Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anatidaephobia Forum Index -> Raid Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Typhis-Ahn

re: Elerethe Renferal - Emerald Nightmare

Order of importance: 1)Plate Helm (Head) 2)iron artifact relic 3) Back 4) Legs

*Plate Helm is the Best

Sikiishalol

Wrist is an upgrade

vinesz

Pliable Spider Silk Cinch- Upgrade

Twisting Winds- Maybe an Upgrade. Low proc rate and just nerfed from blizz

Lexerlol
Rubber Duck

Outlaw is my mainspec, it's good cleave, and good Single target. Sub is my offspec, and should do more single target DPS now after the hot fixes, and better AoE after ilvl 870. 

Blood, Iron, and Fel relics are good, but not the best trait.

Helm is BiS for outlaw, decent for sub. 

Back and wrists are good for sub, subpar for Outlaw. 

Miroby
Rubber Duck

Gossamer-Spun Greatcloak - BiS

Plate legs - 20 ilvl upgrade

Beantot
In-Game Guild Master

BIS blood relic for artifact, BIS Trinket, BIS legs

blood and iron relics. maybe helmet(low haste but may make up for it in other stats)

Rosealice

Twisting wind - BIS trinket  Whirlwind is shadow damage. 

ragged horrorweave leggings - bis right now even missing crit apparently. - something i could put off so i would not lose too much crit at once. 

Cowä
Officer

Twisting Wind - Best in slot trinket for me.

Cocoon of Enforced Solitude can be an upgrade depending on Ilvl, would not take it unless entire heal core passed. 

Beantot
In-Game Guild Master

Boss has 2 forms Spider/Bird

Spider form-

Web of Pain-100% damage split ability for the tanks

Vile Ambush- Boss goes to top of web and comes down on a ranged damaged player's location. GTFO/reduced damage the further away.

When she goes up for vile ambush, adds do spawn that need to be killed ASAP. They do give her a buff for increased haste/damage when closer to her. Kite adds away/aoe them down. Rotating tank pick up as they do apply stacking debuff. (spam heal tanks/CD's)

Necrotic venom- Goes out on players, debuff can spawn to mutliple player per each tick. If you get this, get the fuck away from everyone ASAP. Otherwise its a Raid wipe

Bird Form-

At transition-

Gathering clouds- 8 second push back dealing ticking damage, if you fall off you die (may need healing CD)

Twisting shadows- causes players to have debuff which spawns a tornado when it expires (get out with this ability)

Razor wing- anyone in front of boss takes huge amounts of damage, and then throwing them back(dont stand in front)

DPS- once again, hedge towards AOE vs. ST.

Heals- better AOE vs. ST as well based on my limited knowledge of healing

Work in progress - to be completed by 10/2/2016

Thank you all for a solid week 6/7 Heroic is a nice position to be. Was aiming for 7/7 Heroic, with a minimum expectation of 5/7 Heroic.

Raid strategy guides will be updated over the weekend. Please take the time to review the comprehensive guides once posted as I will have spent a lot of my personal time working on these strategies.

Raider requirements and exepectations are also to be readdressed moving in to mythic progression.

Elerethe- Heroic

Mechanics

Two Phase fight - Spider Form and Roc Form. Boss switches between forms when energy bar fills up

Changes platform when boss transitions to Roc Form. Each platform will have a full spider phase and full roc Phase.

Spider Phase (about 90 seconds)

Egg on edge of platform. Do not step on them - spawns spiderlings

web of pain - tanks linked, and 2 random members (shares damage) stand close together. stack with each other.

Necrotic Venom (same thing as Rot) - get a debuff - run it out of raid place pools along room edge. personal CD to mitigate damage

• Boss will be tanked in 1 location - will drop necrotic venom in opposite side of room. 

Vile Ambush (about every 50 seconds) - she goes up - huge circle, don't stand in it. 

• Spawns spiderlings - tank them to the side dps down. they leave behind venomous pools. be mindful of where they are being brought to not cause pathing issues. 

Roc Phase (about 2 minutes)

does downdraft - knocks you back

Healers  

DPS: bloodlust is at pull

• Single target pure DPS. Spec to maximize DPS on single target please. 

Strategy - 

I was reviewing information on MMO-Champion and found that the purple tornado debuff actually when you run it over the poison webs throws the poison into the air which lands at a separate time. Stooge this is why we couldn't find the spell in dungeon journal.  what was happening was is we were using tornado to "clear" webs. We shouldn't have tornado anywhere near webs. During the Gale storm so we saw green blobs falling on the ground. This was due to tornado pathing over webs. This damage as well as the damage from gale storm was causing us to wipe also periodically throughout the encounter when somebody got the tornado purple debuff over a web it was causing great damage.

Simple strategy adjustment. Put green web on one side of room. Purple tornado on other side

Starting Positions

• Tank boss in desired corner of room. stack pools on farside of platform from where we will be transitioning. 
  • Raid Group on side loosely spread. 

During phase transitions, 9 feathers will drop. 1 healer 1 tank will get feathers, rest of feathers will be DPS. clear the bridge between platform 1 and platform 2 to ensure we can get the rest of the raid across. 

Tank without feather will lead the group through the path to next platform.

For any abilities or questions that you may be unfamiliar with and need more clarity please refer to the following Wowhead link.

For any abilities or questions that you may be unfamiliar with and need more clarity please refer to the following Wowhead link.

Wowhead - Elerethe Renferal raid strategy

Boss Loot:

Please review this loot table in your dungeon journal and reply to this thread as to what pieces of gear off this boss are your best in slot gear and how it will be of an upgrade to your character. We will no longer be wasting our raid time waiting on people to determine if a gear item is an upgrade for their character or not. 

We have a guild website for these matters, you read the expectations. Use it.

Last edited by Cowä on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anatidaephobia Forum Index -> Raid Strategies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: